Knitting Update!

Asalam Alaikum,
I finished a pair of socks-
They were knitted on a size US3 (3.25mm) needles, and it was the pattern from the ball band-"Lion Brand Magic Stripes Basic Socks" This is the second pair of these that I have made and while they are nice socks they are really not as firm as I think they should be, but they work up fairly quickly(at least the first one did)-I did more than half of the first sock during the DS's nap time. Also this time I was very careful to start in the EXACT same place in the sequence on both socks so that they ended up looking the same.


I also started a stranded hat of my own design for the DS, the main motif is a Nordic Star. It is a bit further along than in this picture but I haven't taken a progress picture today so maybe more tomorrow.

And finally for today this is what I was crocheting in RAK the other day-

Yes, granny squares! Aren't you all SOOOOO excited? I have decided to get rid of all the little left over balls of yarn and so I am going to make granny squares when I need something simple and eventually make an Afghan.

InshAllah, tomorrow(if the internet behaves itself) I will post a picture of a new technique that I have learned-Mom I think you can guess what it is- everyone else stay tuned!