Frugal French Fries



Last night I made French Fries for our supper. This is something that I have just started making but we all like them a lot so I thought that I would share them with you. They are very cheap to make, are healthy and easy!


To make them I: Scrub the potatoes very well (however many you think your family will eat) and then slice them in about 3/8 inch wide slices, then cut the slices into strips that are about 3/8 inches wide. Put them all in a bowl and put around 1 tablespoon oil over them and sprinkle liberally with a seasoning salt (we love Spike, which has some salt and lots of herbs). Stir them up until there is a little oil on the potato strips and then put them on a shallow pan and bake them at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until soft. When I am running short on time I put them in the microwave to finish the baking. We then eat them! We like them dipped in Ketchup. Ken really really liked them and I was very pleased as he doesn't usually like potatoes with skins.
I hope you also enjoy this frugal side dish!