Staying healthy!

This past month we having been working on something new. It seemed to me that we had been getting sick more than we should be (even though we really work on eating healthfully) so I decided we would try to get more fresh air and heart pumping exercise as well as trying to drink a lot more water.

So far we haven't gotten sick but that isn't to surprising since we have been doing not quite a month yet but that is not the only blessing. We have been having a lot of fun. We are an active family anyway but when cold weather comes I tend to not go out a lot (even when the kids will go out) and even though I am active I don't generally do a lot of exercise that gets my heart really beating.

Some of the things that we have really enjoyed doing so far is to play soccer, football (my version with my rather vague memories of the rules), jogged, jumped rope and run around the yard while leaping. Since we are in the middle of our Alphabet adventures we have been having fun figuring out activities that start with the right letter.

After exercising out in the cool air it can really make you feel more energetic. I would really recommend it. I am looking for suggestions for very active outdoor exercise that is fun for kids and me, so if you have any ideas, please comment.

The drinking of water has gone fairly well. But I am still not drinking as much as I would like. I have been trying to have a water bottle or glass handy most of the time which does help. Do you have any ways that make you drink the amount of water that you think you should?