Giving Thanks





I wanted to share a few things I am grateful for this evening.
  • My parents marriage. My parents celebrated their 35th anniversary today. I appreciate their marriage so much, they have been a great example to all (6) of us kids. I have never heard them holler at each other, they had some disagreements but I never heard them have full fledged argument. They have supported each other and worked together to raise their kids and serve God together. I am very thank-ful for my parents.
  • I am also very thank-ful for God's church. What a wonderful time we had today (morning and evening) or singing, learning, fellowship, breaking of bread and of prayer. The body of Christ is wonderful.
  • I am so thank-ful for prayer, for God allowing us to have an open relationship with Him. That He is there listening all of the time, no matter what the problem or what hour we come. Tonight we had a call concerning a serious situation with a friend, our hearts were so heavy and I am reminded of this verse: "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:26 & 27. It was such that we didn't exactly know how to pray, though we did try and we didn't know exactly what to do to help but we knew that God did and that he was with our friend and would also be with us to help us. We have such a great and loving God!!!