One Year in Exile Sorry Syd!

Asalam Alaikum,

As of March 19th We have been here for one year, it has been a little tough. Everything is so different. I don't think I like the good things about this place enough that I want to stay long term. I think that it mostly depends on the DH, and how the family business shapes up. If it does well enough that we can spend at least part of the year back home then I would consider staying. If I get at least 1 month a year back home, then some of the things that I don't like about this place would not seem as bad.

The DH is pretty antsy to get back to the states as well. I think that he has been away from this place so long that he is pretty much "Americanized" in his thinking and he also has some issues sometimes.

There are some reasons why I would actually like to stay, like- Halal restaurants, the clothes, not being gawked at in the Wal-mart because I am dressed "funny", some pretty great friends(HiAmiras!).

A year can be at the same time, incredibly long and amazingly short.