Making our homes a Haven.

I enjoyed a sermon this morning by Delbert on making our homes a haven. He pointed out that our homes need to be a place that we go to for relaxing and enjoying life not a place we try to get away from. I think our home is that but I also realize that it is mostly my job as the wife and mother to keep it that way and make it even more so. I am trying to think of things that I can do to improve our home. Some of the things I am working on are:
  • Being truly joyful- all of the time! I don't always have the perfect attitude and I am trying to work on that.
  • Focusing more on people and less on projects.
  • Living in the moment, not always trying to rush to what we have to do next.
  • Reducing clutter as that makes our home a much more pleasant place to be for my dear husband.
  • Do more praying and singing throughout the day.

What are some of the things you are working on?