A skirt from shirts

A tale of two shirts....
Ken had these two shirts but they both developed holes in them and weren't easily mended and didn't work for him anymore. I thought had neat colors and fabric and thought it would be fun to do something with them so I...
Turned them into a skirt for Mara. It was rather fun figuring out how to creatively use up most all of the fabric so we had enough. I also decided to add a large piece of cream rick rack that I had (I think it was from Grandma.) and then put the buttons from the shirt on top of the rick rack. In the end Mara had a nice comfortable skirt that was definitely an original. :-)

Saving 2 shirts from the trash to create a free skirt is my Thrifty Green Thursday activity. I also lately made a skirt from old jeans but I failed to get a picture yet so that will have to be a post another day.