Colardino Shawl




I love this shawl. The shape is nothing unique or difficult. It's a super easy pattern that makes easy TV knitting. The special thing about this shawl is the yarn. I love this yarn. The wool base (75%) of this yarn is various earth tone shades of brown, tan, and purple. The yarn is 25% polyacrylic which I assume is the jewel-tone fiber running alongside the earth tone wool. I love the effect of the rich base color mixed with the bright pops of color.


As you can tell from the above picture that I accidental used 2 different dye lots. I didn't realize this until I looked at this picture. It's not very obvious when you look at the picture but it really shows with the camera. Oh well, I'll just pretend it's a design element instead of a mistake.




I used the One Skein Shawl pattern. I've used this pattern many times and I'm sure I will in the future too because it's a great basic shape. The funny thing is that I used much more then one-skein. I used 6 skeins of Schulana "Colardino" Mulch (I assume this is the color). I knit it on size 10 needles. I wanted the shawl to be as big as possible so knit it until I ran out of yarn. I did a garter stitch bottom border.