Remembering


Tree Pollen - photo by Mara
 Tomorrow is Memorial Day. I think it is very fitting that we have a day set aside to remember all those who have suffered and died for our country. I am very grateful for what they have done. It is good to remember them.

  In our remembering there is another that is even more important to remember. He also suffered and died for our cause. His suffering was way beyond what we can ever understand but we do need to remember him!

  Take note of these verses:

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 "For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes."

 Jesus asks us to remember what He went through for us. He was willing to give His life for us, are we willing to remember Him?