Some WIPs in the heat of almost summer

Asalamu Alaikum,

I have only been able to knit/crochet at night, when we turn on the AC in our room, or just for an hour while sitting on the roof in the breeze before maghrib time(sunset prayer). I hadn't done any knitting at all for weeks then decided to start three projects all at once.

This one was inspired by a blanket my grammy made for my brother. It came with us to Abu Dhabi, and I liked it so much that I wanted to make one for Saad.

I took all the yarn for the blanket and divided it up into little lengths, enough for one row each. It was trial and error to figure out how much, there was much ripping involved.


You can see it is pretty basic, a group of double crochet stitches, followed by a chain. When it is all finished you hook each chain up over the chain above it to the top. This was actually taken sometime last week so it is a bit further along than this.


Next up is the Seascape Shawl from Knitty. I have loved this for the longest time. I have four skeins, that equal to about 500 yards, and I am making it a bit wider than the original. I am wondering if I have enough yarn, I might have to try to get back and find more, we'll see.


Lastly is a special request, one of Tariq's cousins had seen my Tasha bag, and asked if I could make a small bag for her. so I showed her one that I had been looking at for some time, the Albem purse, she liked it so I started that and it is moving pretty quickly. When the knitting part is finished I am planning to add a lining and a couple pockets.