Dairy-Free Blueberry-Coconut Popsicles or "Ice Cream"

This is a simple recipe for a very flavorful and refreshing popsicle. Since I can't have dairy, due to IBS, I've found coconut milk to be a great stand in for creamy desserts. I love the combination of blueberry and coconut so this popsicle recipe has become my favorite. The flavor is intense and a great balance of tart and sweet. The coconut milk rises to the top of the mold while it freezes which makes two layers.

Blueberry-Coconut Popsicles (or "Ice Cream)

1 can full fat coconut milk
2 cups blueberry juice (I strained pureed thawed berries that I had in the freezer)
1/4 cup maple syrup

Mix together ingredients and pour into popsicle molds. Enjoy!


Look at this cute little ice cream maker. It's slightly bigger then a coffee mug. My Aunt Linda gave it to me and this was the first time I got to use it. It's a Donvier Half-Pint. I'm not sure that they're still in production. I wasn't sure how often I'd use it at first but now that I've given it a try, I love it! One problem with non-dairy ice creams is that they get really hard in the freezer. If I only make one serving at a time, I can enjoy it while it's still scoopable.

It took me about 3 minutes of turning the little crank on top to get ice cream. It's delicious. The tart, sweet flavor is intense and the coconut milk makes it just creamy enough. I'm going to be using this little ice cream maker more often from now on.


This recipe has been shared as part of Simple Lives Thursday.