I had to redo my god sons' top lol

Okay from the post under this you can see the original top I made for my godson. Well Sunday when I went to his house and tried it on him, me and his mom looked at him then at each other and busted out laughing. I know bad god mom for laughing but if you could just see the expression on his face and the way the top looked it was funny. The top was too girly. So I asked him to bring me one of his shirts and this is what he gave me:
Then being a good god mom I went home and took apart the first top and used the red top to size and shape the new top I made him and this is what I came up with for his new top:
It is nine rows of dc's, three rows of trc's then two mor rows of dc's, thenI started to decrease for the armholes which is also dc's. Then I did the arm hole trim with dc's and then nect trim is sc's. I asked quite a few people if I could consider this my design even though I kept holding it up to the red top and they said it was okay so I guess it's my design. I like this one better b/c it goes with the shorts better and it looks more manly now.