Neighborhood Party

This evening we had a neighborhood party at our house. I had been wanting to have one and Ken (my husband) thought we should have it on National Night Out. We prepared by taking out invitiations first about a month ago and then we took out reminders again last week and then we also put out a sign at our driveway last night so that they could see it all day today. The kids and I had fun taking the invitations around. We got to meet quite a few people just going from door to door. We decided to grill hotdogs and hamburgers and then asked others to bring side dishes and desserts. We had a fun evening and quite a few came. I think getting to know neighbors is a really good thing and I find it neat how receptive people are to neighborhood parties. I would encourage others to try it. It is really not that much work, you can even have them bring their own lawn chairs and have a totally potluck meal. For more ideas check this out. Don't stress out and have lots of fun!!
Abbi