SERVE



"You my brothers were called to be free, but do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather serve one another in love." Gal. 5:13
This has been my kids memory verse for Wednesday night class this month. So it got me thinking about it as well. Tonight I had the opportunity to teach the teenage girl's class and so I decided to teach on the subject of serving as well. (We were asked to make a bulletin board decoration so we used our study to do that) The bible has a lot of verses that express the importance of serving, Matt 20:26-28 tells us "It is not to be this way among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be your slave; just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." If we want the best than we need to be servants of others. Jesus is the great example of that.
Thinking on this subject has been very convicting for me. I know I serve some, I serve my family- my kids and my husband but yet they also serve me. I serve some at church but something I struggle with is really seeing the needs of others and serving them. So often I am just wrapped up in my own world or make excuses that I have so much to do already that I miss opportunities to serve. My goal is to truly work at being a servant of all.
"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58