Origami Quilt

This quilt I recently made for my husband's sister and her new husband. We just went out to Oregon to attend their wedding. The bag that this was in got lost for a couple of days and I was feeling rather sick about that but then it did finally show up for which I was very grateful. I did the flowers for the wedding which was a lot of fun.


This quilt was a lot of fun to make. I used all scrap material- either from old (but still strong ) clothes, fabric leftover from sewing projects or scraps that had been given to me. For the back I used a sheet that had been given to me. I did use a filler that I had bought. I love making scrap quilts. It is so fun to make something beautiful out of something that wouldn't be worth anything otherwise.


This was my first time to try a quilt using fabric folding. I found that pattern in "Fantastic Fabric Folding" by Rebecca Wat. It is a very cool quilt book. Here are directions for this flower quilt square.