Learning about Connecticut and Massachusetts

Last week we learned about Connecticut. I am rather slow in posting about it. Here are some facts about Connecticut:
  • The state bird is the Robin. (That is why I decided to post my baby robin picture that I took last Spring.)
  • The state tree is the White Oak.
  • It is the 3rd smallest state in land size.
  • Connecticut's capital, Hartford is also the Insurance capital of the United States. I guess over 50 insurance companies have there headquarters there. This was especially interesting to us as Ken is an insurance agent.
  • Connecticut is a leader in Computer parts, submarines, jet aircraft engines, helicopters, ball bearings and roller bearings.

Here is a list of famous people from Connecticut.

Here are some interesting facts about Connecticut.


One of the things we enjoyed eating was Connecticut Beef Supper. When I went searching for Connecticut recipes on line I found a bunch of versions of this recipe. I assume it must be popular. We found it quite good and pretty economical. Another thing we ate was Clam chowder. We also ate Hamburgers which are thought to be first made in Connecticut.

This Week we are having a blast studying about Massachusetts. Are any of you from Mass. ? As always we are seeking any info you would like to share about your state. Also we would like to try recipes that you like. Next week we are studying about Maryland and we would love to hear any information that you would like to share about that state.