I think I am still in shock...

Today Jonathan, Mara and I went to the dentist. We went to have our teeth cleaned and I wanted to have my retainer removed. The dentist also checked our mouths quickly and he decided to fill 3 tiny cavities that I had. We were there a couple of hours and I did figure it would cost a fair amount but when I went to pay (using our health savings account debit card) she told me $610 and my jaw dropped and then she is like "oh no, that's not right!" and I was thinking oh good, she got something wrong. And then she said "it is $616. Going to the dentist sure isn't cheap!!

And if that wasn't enough, my van was nearly out of gas so I went and filled up. To the tune of $83.23! I do believe that is a new record for me! I did have $5 in coupons though so I did save a little bit.

Well I am surely thankful that we have a God that provides for us very well, even when things are expensive!

I am curious, do you get regular dental cleanings? If you do, do you have insurance that covers? I am wondering if they are really worth it. What do you think?