Works for me Wednesday ~ Frozen dessert

Do you need something refreshing and cool for the summer time heat? We tried a new recipe at our house that we think is quite yummy.

It is made with a bunch of berries (the recipe calls for blueberries but we used juneberries and I think raspberries or strawberries would be yummy too), yogurt and a lemon lime pop. It is super easy to make and very good to eat! I got the recipe online at a sight with recipes from Maine. It is called blueberry frozen yogurt but my husband suggests it should be named something else like "frozen fruit dessert" as it doesn't have the creamy texture you expect with frozen yogurt.

It works for me because it is:
  • Simple, easy and fast!
  • Inexpensive (at least for us as we pick our own berries and I used plain homemade yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt-I did also add 1 teaspoon of vanilla)
  • And fairly nutritious.

What cool foods do you enjoy in the summer?