WFMW ~ Cloth diapers

One thing that has worked well for me through the diaper time of life for our 4 kids has been cloth diapers. I don't think I have anything new or unique to share about them but I thought I would share the ways that they do work for me.


  • They save us a lot of money! I do use disposable diapers when we are going places, at night and when life just seems a little to crazy to have anything extra added to my schedule. When I buy disposables I buy the cheapest ones but even at that it is over $10 each time. All of our cloth diapers were given to us (When friends asked what I wanted, I told them honestly) and they have worked for all of our kids, so they last very well. Even if I would have had to buy them it would have only been around a $30 investment or I could have used some of the patterns and ideas online and made my own.
  • My kids have had less rashes when wearing them. Here is an article that tells a lot of the benefits of cloth diapers as well as why they are healthier.
  • We have less trash to throw away. When I think about how much most people (even me, and I try to be careful!) throw away it bothers me that it is just going to sit in a pile someplace. My goal is to contribute as little as possible to that pile.
  • They are not that hard or gross to use! I know many people are scared off by the whole idea, but I guess I would just like to tell you that it is not that bad.

Cloth diapers work for me! What do you think? Have you used them and really given them a chance? Or have you avoided them completely? What are your thoughts?

For more Works-for-me-Wednesday visit Rocks in my Dryer.