Two Tone 70's Socks



Harvest Gold and Avacado Green.... Weren't the 70's great? Okay, so I was only alive for the last 2 years of the 70's but who can forget all of the major appliances in these colors? I knit these mis-matched but coordinating socks with 2 colors of yarn because I didn't have enough of one color to knit two socks. I knit them toe-up with size 2 needles. I did no-wrap short row heels and toes. I used 64 stitches and started my heel 7" from the tip of the toe.



The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock. The green is called "7ns Cedar" and the gold is called "8ns Harvest". This is really great sock yarn. The socks are machine washable since they're a blend of 80% superwash wool and 20% nylon. This is a very good thing because Jon put the sock laundry bag into the dryer without noticing. Luckily they survived a machine wash and dry without any damage. They got very soft with their wash and look less fuzzy then when I've washed other brands of sock yarn. In fact, the socks are so soft that I'd like to keep them on all the time. I think I'm going to have to keep my eyes out for more Lorna's Laces sock yarn. My feet may never been the same again!