Mendhi Party!

Asalam Alaikum,
Yesterday night we went to my friend Ammena'a mendhi party. It was a lot of fun, and her in laws seem like really nice people, mashAllah.



The setup was beautiful, the main color was orange with hanging icicle lights. The main stage for the bride and groom had a beautiful swing draped with a rainbow of different colored flowers(still with the main orange theme). There was also a dance floor set up! Even though I don't dance(it would not be pretty if I did, let me tell you!) it was great to see everyone having such a fun time.

At almost every function I go to I always have some random, weird little wardrobe malfunction(like at my sister in law's shadi the drawstring of my dress peeked out from the side:-( ), and this party was no different. This time I was ready, I tied my drawstring extra tight and tucked it in, I managed to fashionably set my dupatta all by myself, and then we were off in the taxi. When we got to the party and went inside to say hello, I wondered why I was walking so comfortably and why my shoes slipped off so easily when we went in the house. I sat down and was chatting with Ammena when it occurred to me. I immediately got up and went back to the doorway to check my shoes. Truly a huge facepalm moment, after carefully getting dressed up, I had left my fancy rhinestone and bead encrusted heels in the main entrance to our house and worn my grungy house chapples(flip flops). Errrg! When we got home I asked Tariq and his sister both- when ever we leave for a party please, oh please, check my foot wear! Alhamdulilah, one of Ammena's husband's cousins kindly lent me a pair of her shoes, and so I didn't have to walk around the party in my house chapples. Extra big thank you to the sweet cousin!

MashAllah, everything was wonderful, the music was good, and the food was great, and I can't wait until Sunday(only tomorrow!) for the Valima. Everyone pray for me and my wardrobe, I will be attempting a sari!