Cookie creating with Jonathan

Last week I was wanting to make cookies and Jonathan requested Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I didn't have that specific recipe so we decided to make one up. (based off another recipe, but we changed a bunch!)

They turned out pretty good (Jonathan said they were the best cookies ever but I think he might be a little biased) and they are fairly healthy too (at least for cookies!) so I thought I would share our recipe.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups Baby Cereal Oatmeal*
(or you could use 1 1/2 cups oatmeal and 1/2 cup flour)
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat together Peanut butter, butter, sugars and maple syrup. Then add Eggs and vanilla, beat again. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Drop in spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet and cook at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. If I remember right this made 5 dozen cookies. I hope you enjoy them too!

*We have been using up baby cereal lately because a friend had gotten and over abundance from wic and it was going to go to waste and so she wondered if I had any use for it. It actually works well in cookies and other baked goods.