Pudding pops (homemade) for warm days!

We are very blessed to get an abundance of yummy and nutritious farm fresh milk and eggs from my parents during the summer. Sometimes we even get more than we can use in just the regular ways. Pudding is a great way to use up both items and my kids absolutely love it.
For the warmer days we have been having recently I thought it might be fun to go a step beyond pudding and make pudding pops. The kids thought it was a good idea too and we all like them!
They are pretty fun to make and not very hard. First I made pudding from this recipe:
Chocolate Pudding
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup cold milk
3 1/2 cups milk, scalded
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon butter
Combine dry ingredients, then stir in the beaten eggs yolks and cold milk. Beat it into the hot milk and stir it over medium heat until it thickens. Add the vanilla and butter. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
(For vanilla pudding just leave out the cocoa)
Then we put them in little dixie cups, that we happened to have on hand, stuck and popsicle stick in the middle and stuck them in the freezer. You can be creative with what you freeze them in, and if you don't have sticks then use plastic spoons or something like that.
I actually made a double batch of pudding so we could eat some warm and still freeze some.
We finished them off tonight and enjoyed them. I have a bunch more milk in the fridge right now, I think tomorrow I will try to make some more pudding. I am wanting to try out different flavors too and also planning on possibly trying a sugar free (think natural sweeteners) recipe too.
What cool treats does your family enjoy in the summer?

For more Frugal Friday tips visit Life as MOM.