A new apron!

My mom's birthday was this past week so we worked on a couple of projects for that. One of them was a new apron. I had been given a pretty apron this Spring and Mom admired it and liked the pattern. That was nice because it quickly gave me an idea of something I could make for her for her birthday.
Mara has been enjoying doing embroidery this spring and wanted to do one for Mom. She chose a cute little cat and had a wonderful time doing it. We thought about framing it but decided it would make a fun addition to the apron. Mara suggested we make it into the top pocket.


This is the finished product. I was able to use some fabric that I already had on hand and that looked very pretty with the embroidered picture. I also added some blue rick rack on the pockets for some extra cuteness. It was a very fun as well as simple project.
Have you been working on any projects lately? Please share....