Huck Lace Shawl Attempt

I recently tried my hand at knitting with lace weight yarn.

This is lace weight yarn. It's only slightly thicker then sewing thread. I wanted to make a delicate shawl as a Christmas gift. I tried the "Huck Lace Shawl" from the Morehouse Farm, Merino Knits book. I used a size 5 needle. It took me a bit to get the hang of knitting with such thin yarn. I made lots of mistakes... some noticeable and some I could only see if I looked for them. I was determined to keep knitting despite all of the mistakes. I had made pretty good progress.
The lace pattern was looking really nice and it got easier and easier to knit with the thin yarn. I was feeling pretty good.... then I snagged the yarn. A long piece of yarn from the bottom edge of the shawl was pulled out three inches long. No big deal, I thought... I'll just gently tug the shawl each way until that loop of yarn goes back into place.
"SNAP" Lesson learned: Lace weight yarn is really delicate and breaks really easily.
So, because of my many mistakes I had already made while knitting the shawl and now the snapped yarn and unraveling bottom, I decided to frog it (unravel it). So now my ball of Grignasco Regina "Merino Fine", color 431 is back in a ball, just as it started. I guess that's the great thing about knitting. If you make a mistake or it's not turning out how you thought it would, just unravel it. The only thing you've wasted is time but I enjoy my time knitting so even my time wasn't "wasted".
I think I'll give this shawl another try in a few months but I'll knit it for myself so there's no time deadline and no stress about the mistakes I make.