Second Pair of Knitted Socks

Last week was recipe week.... this week will be Knitting Week. I have so many projects completed and I haven't blogged about them. I'll be all caught up by the end of the week, hopefully. There are a few I won't be able to show you since they're Christmas presents. Those will have to wait until the New Year.

While reorganizing my posts the other day, I came across this partially written, though not published post. I finished these socks 2 months ago but never finished blogging about them.
I knit up these socks much faster then my first pair since I wasn't intimidated by the process this time.

I followed the pattern the adult sock pattern that went with "The Art Of Knitting II" sock knit-a-long. I knit one inch of 1x1 ribbing at the top of the cuff and did the rest of the cuff in stockinette (because I hate knitting lots of rib). I did a better job this time of not making the socks too long. When decreasing for the toe, I decreased 2 rounds and knit 1 instead of decreasing 1 round and knitting 1 round. This made for a more blunt toe. I liked the shape much better.
The yarn is Steinbach Wolle, Aktiv Effekt (75% wool/25% polyamide) in color 71888.