Evan's Monster Hat and Mittens

Let's see... the last post was about warm, spring-like weather and this post is about the winter wear that I finished knitting for Evan a month ago. Maybe I should work on the timeliness of my blog posts. I think this weekend I may have a knitting post extravaganza. I have so many projects from the past 2 months to blog about.



Back to Evan and his new winter hat and mitten set.
I found this cute Brainmonster Hat pattern on Ravelry. I followed the pattern and used size 6 needles. I knit the teeth in a garter stitch in the center instead of stockinette so they wouldn't curl. Thanks, Aunt Linda, for the suggestion. It worked like a charm.

The yarn is Iceland 253 Aran weight wool yarn in red. It is a true red though it doesn't look like it in the pictures.


I knit up some "Basic Cuff-Up Mittens" in the same yarn. I knit the Size 4/5 with longer cuff using size 4 needles and size 6 for the body of the mitten.
Evan loves his monster hat but I think his preschool teachers love his hat just as much.