Happy Valentine's Day

Yesterday we all sat down to assemble the Valentine's Day treats for Evan and Charlotte's classmates. Charlotte wrote her To: and From: information on the back of paper hearts and then she glued her heart to a lollipop and added a leaf.


Evan had a fever yesterday and had just woken up from his nap when I took this picture. He said he felt good enough to make his Valentine's. Do you like his hair? He and Jon always wake up from naps with the funniest hair.
Evan is home sick today but he's feeling much better today and doesn't have a fever. As he bounded out of bed this morning, feeling more like himself, he said, "My fever still bothering me. I want to watch TV, lay on the couch, and drink juice." I think he's enjoying this pampering. I'm glad to see him feeling better today.



Today I'm going to make our traditional Valentine's dinner.... heart shaped meatloaf, pink mashed potatoes, and a Valentine's treat for dessert. Last year we went all out for the holiday but this year we're planning a more low-key evening. We're going to spend some quality family time this evening without TV or computer. I'm going to make cupcakes today for our dessert. Then I have plans to beat Jon at Uno again. I won 2-1 last week. I plan on staying the champion! Wish me luck.
Happy Valentine's Day!