I'm A Bird Watcher, I'm A Bird Watcher, Everyday....

Can you tell I've caught a few episodes of Wheel of Fortune lately?

My mom has always had more bird feeders then anyone can count. She loves nature and being able to watch it right outside her window. The number of birds, squirrels, and chipmunks that visit her house is amazing. They're such fun to watch when I visit. I'm not sure why I've never had a bird feeder. Maybe because so many beings are depending on me for nourishment and care that I didn't feel like adding any more to the list. Now that I don't have any "babies" anymore, the thought of feeding birds sounds pretty fun.
My mom and Mark got me a large bird feeder, a big bag of seed, a hanger, and a suet feeder for my birthday. I was so excited to hang it all up, plus a smaller feeder I already had, and see what would happen. It took the birds a day or two to find the feeder but once they did....

it was as if I had just opened the most popular restaurant in town! The birds would wait on the ropes above the feeders just waiting for a "seat" to open up.

The kids love to watch for the birds to come eat and yell out "BIRDS!" so we'll know they're eating and run to come watch.
Last weekend we bought two other smaller feeders to put closer to the windows in the living room and kitchen. The cats think it's the best thing to happen around here in a LONG time. Luckily for the birds, the cats watch from the inside of the house.
In just the last two weeks I've learned little things about the birds. I learned that they don't come to the feeder all day. They tend to all want to eat around mid-late morning. Then there will hardly be a bird around for hours. Right before dark they all come for a snack before bed.
I've also learned the funny little flight of a Tufted Titmouse. He kinda bounces when he flies.
So, once again, thanks Mom for inspiring me to take up another hobby! Those little birds are such fun to watch!