Words that edify

 "Let no unwholesome words proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." Ephesians 4:29

This is a verse the kids and I have been working to memorize lately. There is a reason we want to memorize it- we want to remember it and apply it to our lives every day.

 It is sometimes so easy for us to become upset with others, to say things that aren't kind and sometimes words that tear down. To speak with edification is opposite of that. When we edify others we will say words that instruct or benefit. Words that uplift or enlighten.

That is my goal that as I speak to my family, my friends, anybody that I should meet when I am out and about and also as I write here on this blog- that my words would edify- not tear down! I have a lot of work to do in this area but with God's help I will make progress.

I hope it is your goal to speak words that edify as well!