Eid Mubarak From Pakistan!

Asalam Alaikum,
In Karachi we celebrated the first day of Eid al-Adha on Saturday.

We had bought the goats a couple of weeks ago, because the DH said the longer that you wait the more expensive the goats. For the past two weeks or so this has been a pretty common sight on our street-

I took this picture from the roof of our house. When I heard the jingling from the bells and things on the goats I had to run to get the camera. These two men were herding goats down our street, heading for the main road in our little section of town. Just about everywhere we went were men with small herds of goats or sometimes cows, just standing on the side of the road so that people could buy them for the Eid. This produces a lot of related businesses that spring up next to the goat sellers-some people set up stalls selling food for your animals, and some for animal jewelry. I am totally serious about the jewelry. They have bangles that jingle for the feet and necklaces covered in beads, bells, and sometimes ruffles.

Here are some examples of goat jewelry-

Goat necklace

Jingling goat bangles

Alhamdulillah this is the third anniversary of the day I took my Shahada(In the Hijri calendar). It was on Eid al-Adha in 2006 that I went with my husband to the Masjid, Prayed my first Eid, Took my Shahada, and had my Nikah. As it is also Thanksgiving(sort of, I know I am a bit late on this one also), I just want to say that I am so thankful for -
my Faith
my husband who brought it to me
my son
my family and friends
and the opportunity to have the experiences of living here and in Abu Dhabi. Even though at times it has been very difficult, it is amazing to see the variety that life in this world holds.