Seeds!

Our seeds arrived today! How exciting it was to open up the box just filled with potential. Then we spread them out....and I wondered.....

"Did I go a little overboard in my ordering?"

It looks like a lot but they weren't that expensive and as I was reading the catolog visions of fresh, yummy and organic veggies, soothing teas made from medicinal herbs, having my own savory herbs to season my cooking and lots and lots of pretty flowers to decorate with filled my head and it was hard to say "no". Actually I did say "no" to myself many times but I still ended up with a bunch of seeds!

  I am still dreaming of all those things and am excited to get some of my seeds started soon inside. We have found it saves a lot of money to start our own plants so that is what we do.We have our dirt ready and so maybe we will get them in sometime this week.

 In case you are curious, here is what we ordered to plant this year. The ones with an * we have never tried before.

  • 3 types of Carrots (in a rainbow of colors)

  • Beets*

  • Zucchini

  • Spinach

  • Curly Cress*

  • 2 types of Radishes

  • 3 types of Cucumbers

  • Green Beans

  • 3 types of Corn

  • 2 types of Peas

  • Kohlrabi

  • Cabbage

  • Pepper

  • 2 types of tomatoes (and actually I have leftover seeds for other types)

  • Watermelon

  • Muskmelon (Both the melons are northern varieties)

  • Cutting Celery

  • 3 types of Lettuce
Herbs:

  • Lemon Balm

  • Basil

  • Dill

  • Catnip

  • Cilantro

  • Parsley

  • Calendula*
Flowers:

  • Ageratum*

  • Larkspur

  • Dianthus

  • Delphinium

  • Columbine

  • Camellia*

  • Forget-me-not
Gardening really works for me! With it you can get the best tasting and nutritious veggies and just working in it is lots of fun. It also is a good way to help you save money on your food bill.

What are you planting? Have you already gotten started? I would love to hear about your garden plans!