The Best Easy Peach Cobbler

After tasting this peach cobbler, I don't think I'll be making peach pie ever again. It was so simple to make and it tasted like heaven.



Peach Cobbler

1/2 stick butter

1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour (I used Whole Wheat Pastry flour but use what you like)
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon

3/4 cup buttermilk (or regular milk or almond milk plus 1 tsp. vinegar)
1 tsp. vanilla


Peach filling:
2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
1/3 cup sugar (depending on how sweet or tart your peaches are)


1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Prepare peaches and mix with sugar. Set aside.
3. In a pie plate, cake pan, or 9x9 pan, put in the butter and set it in the oven for a few minutes to melt the butter. (keep an eye on it so it doesn't get too brown)
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and stir well. Stir in the milk, vinegar(if used) and vanilla. Stir only until combined.
5. Pour batter on top of the melted butter in the pan. Do not stir.
6. Put peaches on top of batter, distributing them as evenly as possible. Do not stir.
7. Bake for about an hour or until it's golden brown on top.



(Pour the batter on top of the butter)

As you can see, I doubled the recipe and used two cake pans but it would also work to use one 9x13 pan (if you double the recipe).

( Put peaches on top of batter)
Right before I put the cobbler in the oven, I sprinkled the top with course raw sugar to see what it would do. It made the top a bit pitted as it melted but didn't add anything taste or texture wise so I'll skip it next time.



The Farmer's Market peach farmers says they'll have peaches for the next two months. I wonder how many times I can make this before peach season is over.......