Small Town 4th of July

Yesterday morning we rushed out the door when Jon found out that a nearby town was having a parade in 15 minutes. We got there just after it started.
Evan was so excited when "Thomas" drove past.

Charlotte didn't care for the big rigs honking their horns.


I love parades with tractors. This parade had about 10 tractors in it. It reminds me of my days as Farm Queen when rode behind tractors and waved to the crowds. Didn't know I was a celebrity, did you? Uncle Sam played a lovely tune on his flute as the parade came to an end.
It was a great morning for a parade since we're still having lower then average temperatures and super low humidity.
When we saw the playground on the walk back to the car, we stopped to let the kids play for a while.

It's nice that they're both old enough to climb and play unassisted. Jon and I got to relax on a bench and watch them have fun.




Our formerly cautious girl was scaling that climbing wall like it was no big deal.


My boys...



Two blocks away from the center of town, there is this huge veggie garden. I saw people tending it but was too shy to holler at them to ask who it belongs to. It's next to a church so I'm wondering if it's their garden or maybe a community garden. I should have gone over to ask.
Tonight we're going over to Nana and Grandpa's for our annual driveway fireworks party and first annual riding lawnmower wagon parade. Happy 4th of July everyone!