Cars, this way that way

Familiar? Its the IKEA bedsheet. Knowing me, I've cut them cars up and patch 'em up again. Trying something different here - going horizontal.

Simply cut the cars into various block size and put them on different solid fabric as background - brick red, sea blue, algae green & turqoise blue. Then I handstitch (using blanket stitch) then into the quilt.

To break away from ll the solid colors, I put a 2" cream fabric all around as 1st border, then a lovely 2" blue squares as 2nd border and finally a 5" fun big dots on dark blue fabric to a perfect ending.

Backing fabric was perfect - white with tiny blue & black prints - (I'm loving all my backing fabrics at the moment!) and binding was a dark marbled blue.

Went to my friend A and asked her to draw something on those empty colored blocks and she said "it looks just fine the way it is". Might be a touch too much if those blocks were filled in. I agreed. I like. You like?

Measurement : 44" W X 54" L
Made out of 100% American cotton
Price : RM220
Status : SOLD!