Do-It-Yourself Parade

My Mom had a great idea on July 4th....she said we should make our own parade. Jon decided to ride his bike in the parade.
Charlotte and I made the garland for the riding lawn mower wagon and Grandpa bought lots of flags. Mia, Mom and Mark's doggie, rode happily in the wagon with the kids. We paraded around the block and waved at a few neighbors that happened to be out. Not many people were home on the 4th but the kids still had a blast waving their flags and shouting "Happy 4th of July!!!!".




I was the official parade photographer.



Jon took this one of me near the parade float to prove I was actually there.




Grandpa clapped and waved as the parade came to an end. Nana did some fancy driving of that lawn tractor. She was doing donuts and figure 8's. She's a wild woman!



Mark decided not to ride his motorcycle in the parade. Evan was brave enough to sit on it while it was parked in the garage. As long as the engine is off, I don't have heart palpitations at seeing my baby up on the bike.
I can't wait until next year's parade!!