Whole Wheat Lemon Poundcake

I was craving cake recently but wanted something fresh and light tasting. I had lemons in the fridge so I went searching for a recipe. I love searching online for recipes. I found this one from King Arthur. Have I mentioned that I LOVE their recipes? I wanted to make a few changes to the recipe to use whole wheat and make it less sweet so I wouldn't be tempted to eat too much at a time. Below is the recipe with the changes I made to it.

Whole Wheat Lemon Poundcake
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 large eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups flour (I used Whole Wheat Pastry flour: you can use all Whole Wheat or just half and half All-purpose)
3/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
1/4 cup lemon juice
lemon zest from 2 lemons
2 tsp. vanilla
Glaze
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease a 9-10 cup bundt pan or a 10" tube pan.
2. Beat together the butter, sugar, salt, first till combined, then until fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla.
4. Add the baking powder until combined.
5. Add the flour and the milk&lemon juice alternately starting and ending with flour. Stir in the lemon zest.
6. Spoon batter into the pan and smooth the top.
7. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. While the cake is baking, mix up the glaze by stirring just enough lemon juice into the confec. sugar to make it spreadable.
9. When the cake is done, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn it out onto a rack to cool completely.
10. When the cake is cool, top with the glaze, spreading it with a pastry brush or butter knife.
Enjoy!