Vacation Reads

I returned my Camping Vacation books to the library the other day. In two weeks, I read these 9 books. Now, before you're too impressed, they're all very easy reads. I'm a huge Janet Evanovich fan and now I have read all of her "By the Numbers" books. I wanted to go back and read all of her reprinted earlier novels. Her earlier books are much more typical of a romance novel but they have her wit and mystery/crime angle that she takes with many of her books.
I made it a Janet Evanovich vacation and I have now read everything published by her except 3 books. I plan to remedy that by the end of the summer. For me, summer reading is all about fun. I'll save the intellectual books for another season.
There is a quote from Janet Evanovich in the back cover of most of her earlier novels that says, "Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth."