Driveway Fireworks

We spent the 4th of July with my Mom and Mark. It was time for our annual driveway fireworks display. Evan held the flags that Grandpa gave him all evening. I guess he was feeling especially patriotic. I expected Evan to be afraid of the fireworks but during each one he would say, "I like that one. It not loud. I like that one!"
Charlotte was also brave about the fireworks this year. Come to think of it, she didn't put down her flags either.

Mark and Jon were in charge of lighting the fireworks while Mom and I kept a safe and wimpy distance with the kids.


Evan was the only one of us spectators brave enough to hold a sparkler. I've become quite a wimp since I've become a grown up.





They might not be as big as the fireworks were downtown but we got front row seats and finding a parking place couldn't have been easier.