Farmer's Market Loot

Here's my take from a recent trip to the Farmer's Market. I'm finding that I like to go on Friday morning instead of Saturday's because there are fewer people. Saturday's are so busy that you can hardly get through the crowd. I usually don't like blackberries but these beauties were so sweet. We ate the pint of berries and then I pureed and strained the quart. I put the 2 cups of seedless puree in the freezer to save for jam making soon.

4 pints of blueberries...

3 pounds of lettuce.... for $3. A great deal and it stayed fresh the entire week. We had salads from it for 3 different meals.


Peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon.... Have I mentioned how much I love summer produce??



Finally, goat's milk soap from a new vendor at the Farmer's market... Horse 'O Peace Ranch. I bought a 4 oz. bar of Calendula soap for $3.50. I picked Calendula because it's supposed to be good for eczema... so this is Evan's soap. He gave me a free sample of tea tree soap to see how Evan did with that also. So far we love the soap.