Our New Toy & The Birds of Winter

Jon and I just bought a new computer. Our old computer was 5 years old and starting to get painfully slow. Okay, it past painfully slow about a year ago. It was taking me up to an hour to upload 5 pictures to my blog. On the days that it only took me 30 minutes, I felt like cheering.

Now that we have the new desktop all set up, I'm ready to test it out by blogging. Guess how long it took me to upload 5 pictures today? Two minutes!!! I couldn't believe it! I think this will mean more frequent blog posts, for sure!

Typically, I'm not one to get too excited over technology. I don't own a cell phone, no GPS, no laptop, no flat screen TV's... but I tell ya, this computer is one technology upgrade that I think I'll really enjoy. I can check my email and blog in less then half the time and get back to life instead of wasting time on the computer waiting for uploads.

Now for the pictures that uploaded in two minutes....
Here are the birds from our Christmas snow. Well, not all of the birds. Just the ones I was fast enough to catch on camera. Double check my bird identification, please. I'm still learning.

I was so surprised at the focus I somehow achieved on this little Sparrow or is it a Finch?
I'm not sure if there are any birds in this picture. I just love panoramic pictures.
I'm finding that Chickadees are hard to photograph. They take their seed back to the trees to eat so they're only at the feeder long enough to snatch a seed and fly off. I'm glad to have caught this little guy. I think his buddy is a Dark-eyed Junco but he's not looking at me so it's hard to tell.
Now this guy on top of the snow pile waiting his turn is definitely a Junco. The little house finches on the feeder make him wait a while. The lights from the Christmas tree make a pretty reflection in the window.
Here's a Downy Woodpecker eating suet a few days after the snow storm. I thought I saw a Downy woodpecker last week but my mom taught me that it was actually a Red-Bellied Woodpecker. I definitely saw the difference when I saw this little guy eating from the suet feeder. The Downy Woodpeckers are so small and cute.
I'm loving feeding the birds. I need to go get a 40 lb. bag of black oil sunflower seed because they're going through it so fast. I'm filling the feeders every 4-5 days. It's worth it though. The birds make the view more fun!