Cooking Diapers.... Well, Sorta

Both of my kiddos have had cloth diapered butts... at least 90% of the time. I realize that my time using cloth will be coming to an end in the next year as Evan gets closer to potty training. I figured I'd show you a bit about cloth.
Cloth diaper pails should NOT stink. About every six months, I notice that there's an ammonia smell coming from the diaper pail. This means there's build up on the diapers and they need to be boiled. Yes, I said boiled :) Ask your grandmother, bet she boiled a few diapers. I've tried everything under the sun to remove buildup and the only thing that works for me is boiling them.


I put CLEAN diapers my two biggest pots and let them boil (6 at a time) for about 10 minutes. (yes, I bleach the pots when I'm done :)



A wooden spoon handle is helpful when taking them out of the water. I put them into the washer for a final rinse and spin... then I dry them.


Nice fluffy diapers ready to be folded. :) The only laundry I've never minded folding.


But it's nice to have a folding crew around to make the task more fun :)

Diapers ready to go in the drawers. (I use a biodegradable liner in his diapers to make flushing away poo easier... no dunking in this house!)

Don't mind the pink pins... the company sent me the wrong color. Doesn't seem to bother him though :)
Nice cozy bottom and a non-stinky pail. My work here is done..... who am I kidding? LOL