Farmer's Market



Yesterday morning we went to the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market. It's about 15 minutes away. It's a pretty big farmer's market and it's become very popular. Unfortunately this means that prices are pretty high. I don't go very often because of that.
There are all sorts of venders... fruit/veggies, handmade pottery, flowers, baked goods, honey, soap.... just about anything handmade or homegrown you could imagine.

So, armed with a wagon and couple dollars, we walked around searching for deals.



Look at these tomatoes! This vender had every color of the rainbow! I had never heard of most of the varieties. I wish I had taken more pictures. Click on the picture to see the larger picture.




Jon took this picture of me as I was unwrapping a homemade molasses cookie for the kiddos.


Here's our loot. I bought a dozen ears of corn, 3 pounds of potatoes, 1 gallon of blueberries, and 1/2 bushel of peaches.
We ate the potatoes and corn for dinner last night... yum! The blueberries are in the freezer to be used in baked goods and smoothies this winter.

Here are the peaches. I have them lined up on our half-wall in the kitchen waiting for them to ripen a bit more. As they ripen they'll either be eaten as is, go into a cobbler, or made into jam... more on that later.
This afternoon I'm going to go back to the Farmer's Market just before closing to see if I can get some better deals since farmer's won't want to haul their produce back home. I'll let you know how it goes.