Veggies, Rainbows, and Crazy Kids

Yesterday morning at 7am, we saw a gorgeous rainbow that stretched across the sky. I could only get half of it in the lens at a time. I haven't figured out how to take pretty pictures of rainbows with my camera. This is the best I could do.



I went back to the farmer's market Sunday afternoon hoping for some good deals.
I bought 3 butternut squash, a cantaloupe (which unfortunately had no taste) and a hothouse cuccumber at regular price.
Like my shoes? I left them in the picture so you could see how big the squash were.

Not as pretty as last weeks peaches, are they? But they were CHEAP!! $5 a box (1/2 bushel) for bruised/over-ripe peaches!! I bought a box and turned them into peach puree (to be added to my homemade applesauce next month). From this box, I got 28 cups of peach puree!! Not bad for $5.


Charlotte helped me go out and harvest tomatoes the other day. My roma plants look so sad but the fruit is still ripening and looks great so I'm letting them go. Notice how great my Big Beef tomato is doing on the left. Good ol' hybids.
So far I have 7 gallon sized bags of roma tomatoes in the freezer waiting to be made into sauce.





Who needs blocks?

What do YOU wear on your head while watching TV??