Speaks-to-me-Sunday

This past weekend was a time of considering and thinking for me. I was recognizing in myself some traits that weren't very nice like pride, selfishness, anger and more. I found myself thinking "Oh yuck! Why am I like this?" I started to feel a little discouraged but then I just kept going to God over and over and and asking Him for mercy and help and He is. Right now I am feeling so very thankful for:
  • God's mercy and love. Even when I stumble and don't do the things I should, He is always loving me.
  • Jesus' blood which covers my sin. I am so far from perfect, but he offers the forgiveness and salvation that I need.
  • The Holy Spirit dwelling in me. I need His help every day! I don't always even know how to ask for the help I need but He does.
  • God's word to guide me, help me to recognize my sin and encourage me to do better.

These are some verses I have been reading lately that inspire me every time I read them:

Titus 2:3-5 and 11-14

"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior,
not malicious gossips, nor enslaved to much wine,
teaching what is good,
that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands,
to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home,
kind, being subject to their own husbands,
that the word of God may not be dishonored.

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly,
righteously and godly in the present age,
looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our
great God and Savior, Christ Jesus
;
who gave Himself for us,
that He might redeem us from every lawless deed
and purify for Himself a people for His own possession,
zealous for good deeds."

I really, really want to live out those verses! And with God's grace and help I believe it can happen. What are your thoughts on those verses?