A Few Hours Of "Me" Time....

This afternoon I got to spend almost 5 hours doing whatever I wanted to do. It was just what I needed. I love my children and husband dearly but we both realize that I'm a better wife and mother when I get a little time every once in a while to myself. I think Jon recognized that look in my eye this morning. So, here's what I did with my afternoon to myself.... I met my mom at my favorite theatre to see "Julie and Julia". The movie took my breath away. It was inspiring, heartwarming, and just lovely. My mom and I saw this movie in a packed theatre full of women. No better way to see a movie like this.

I had planned on stopping by my favorite knitting shop but sadly it was closing as I pulled up. I went by JoAnne Fabrics but nothing caught my eye. Then I headed to Border's books. I was reminded why I don't go to book stores.... they're too expensive! Wow! I priced Julia Child's cookbooks... $60! $42!! Too much for my budget. Luckily, I did find one budget cookbook that looked interesting. It was a whole grain cookbook for $5.99! Bingo! There are a ton of recipes that I'm excited to try.

So, cookbook in hand, I headed to my favorite Dessertery... yes, yes, it says Cafe too but ignore that part. I come for the desserts.

Though I did feel obligated to eat a light dinner first. I flipped through my new cookbook and munched on their Pinehurst Chicken Grill salad. It was decent... but again, I don't come here for their dinner fare...


Ahhhhh..... This is what I'm talking about! I got a piece of Chocolate Chip Cheesecake to go. Guess what I'm going to enjoy in front of the TV as soon as I get done writing this? The piece is pretty small for $5.50 but I'll forget the budget while savoring each bite.
When I got home, I checked half.com for all things Julia Child. They have her "The French Chef" series on 2 DVD's!! I'm putting her cookbooks and DVD's on my wishlist. :)

Now off to the recliner for cheesecake and the Dog Whisperer! Life is good....