The Four Legged Family Members

In this corner, weighing in at 5 pounds, we have Oscar the Chihuahua. He is the sweetest Chihuahua I have ever met. He loves everyone! Even children. We adopted him when he was a young adult so we figure he is about 8-10 years old. His true love is Jon. Oscar follows Jon around when he's home and when Jon is working, Oscar sleeps. About 4:30 each day, the daycare kids leave and Oscar takes his place by the front door.... watching... waiting.. for Jon to come home. He'll stay there for hours sometime on the days when Jon works late.
Oscar also "sings" with you when you howl. I've never seen a chihuahua howl but he does.





Here's my sweet Gracie. Can you tell how annoyed she was with me for taking her pictures. She's the boss of the 4 legged creatures around here. I found her in a dumpster when she was 12 weeks old.... that was 10 years ago. I've never been one to love cats but I love my Gracie. She doesn't like to be picked up because it wasn't her idea. As soon as I lay on the couch though, she's laying on top of me waiting to be scratched. When I was pregnant, she would not leave my side.... she had to lay with me constantly. She's very tolerant of children. She'll let them read books on her head, poke at her eyes, rub her fur in the wrong direction... she doesn't care as long as she doesn't have to move from her comfy spot.
Oscar has been known to chase a kitty or two but when Gracie turns around and stands her ground, you have never seen a more terrified dog in your life!
.
.
.
.
.

And then there is Lucky. He looks pretty cute, doesn't he? Jon got him as a kitten the week after we started dating. That makes him almost 8 years old. Lucky is from another planet. We're convinced he hears voices. He follows Jon around (along with Oscar) everywhere.... even into the bathroom to wait by the shower door until he comes out. He eats his food, Gracie's food, and even the dog food. You can't appreciate how fat this cat is from his pictures. He's a good 14-16 pounds. He is NOT tolerant of children... or even adults sometimes and isn't afraid to bite. He licks nylon webbing, likes to jump up in doorways to try to scratch the door frame, and likes to smack sleeping animals. He's .... umm.... unique!