My daughter, Sparkle

Well, her real name is Charlotte... but a few weeks ago while we were all in the van on the way to the store....
Charlotte: "Mama, I don't like my name. I want to have a new name."
Me: "Okay, what would you like your name to be?"
Charlotte: "Sparkle"

Jon and I smiled at each other and agreed to call our first born "Sparkle" until further notice. When I asked, "Sparkle, can you hand your brother that book?", she beamed from ear to ear.
Her alias didn't last long though because when Jon called her "Sparkle" when we got out of the car, she said, "No, Dada, I'm not Sparkle anymore... I'm Charlotte." :) So glad to have her back.
This post is for her... so I'm using her favorite colors (though she's recently decided she likes all colors except for gray).



The only way to garden is in your cupcake dress and Backyardigans gardening gloves :)


While we were waiting for Jon's marching band to perform after the pot-luck the other night, I told Charlotte she could walk around on the lines of the gym. She went for it without hesitation. I was so proud of her. She's often been frozen with shyness since birth so seeing her be bold is wonderful. She's come a long way :)


Dessert at the pot-luck... a huge piece of cake with sprinkles representing school colors. She ate the whole piece! That's my girl :)