Fried Zucchini

This is the first time I've ever made fried zucchini. I can't say I'll make it all the time since I don't often make fried foods and it was time consuming but it sure was a nice treat!

First I sliced the zucchini in 1/3" slices and tossed them with a bit of salt. I laid them out on paper towels blotted the top with another paper towel. This removes a lot of the water that the salt brought out. The dry surface is very important to getting the crust to stick.
The first bowl is 2 eggs and a splash of milk. The second bowl is plain bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and a bit of salt, pepper, and seasoned salt. In my frying pan is about a 1/2" of canola oil with a tablespoon of butter brought to a pretty high heat. You don't want the oil to smoke but you want the zucchini to really sizzle so it doesn't absorb so much oil.
Dip both sides of the zucchini in the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture (really pressing it into each side to get it to stick), then gently put it in the frying pan. Don't overcrowd the pan!

Turn them with tongs when they get medium brown. It doesn't take long. Drain them on paper towels.
Enjoy!!

My brother, Chris, said he likes zucchini if it's cooked this way! The kids each ate 3 of them! That's the most zucchini Charlotte has ever eaten! :)