The "Too Late" Afghan

In March, I was watching TV and I was chilly. So I thought to myself, "I know, I'll knit a blanket." Did I then think to myself, "Silly, you know it'll take you months to knit a blanket and by then it'll be 80* outside." Nope. I found some yarn and started knitting a blanket.





Two months later, my blanket is done and I am no longer cold.... not because I have a blanket... but because it is really warm outside. Hence the name "Too Late" afghan. Oh well... I love how it turned out and I can't wait to use it next winter.





My Aunt helped me come up with the stitch pattern. I wanted something with holes in it so it wouldn't be too dense.


I used 6 skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in White. I knit that with Flora yarn that is a thin yarn with little ribbons on them every inch or so.
I didn't want an all white blanket because it would show pet hair too easily. I liked the color combination of the white with the swirly blues and greens.


I used size 13 needles.
I cast on 100 stitches very loosely.
Knit 4 rows in garter stitch then switch to pattern:
Row 1: K 3 *yo, k2tog repeat from * until you have 3 stitches left. K3
Row 2: K 3, purl to last 3 stitches, k3
Row 3: Knit all stitches
Row 4: K3, purl to last 3 stitches, k3
Just keep repeating rows 1-4 until you run out of yarn or the blanket is as big as you want it.
Knit the last 3 rows in garter stitch.